IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
We are pleased to announce that beginning Saturday, May 16, 2020 Valley Eye Professionals, An Optometric Corporation (VEYEP) is reopening for all eye care services. We are reducing our patient schedule in order to ensure social distancing, shorten patient time spent in the office, and to ensure optimal care. We are following guidelines published by the CDC, American Optometric Association, and the California Optometric Association to ensure your safety. Below is a partial list that we are implementing:
- All patients, staff, and doctors will have their temperature checked daily with a non-contact thermometer before entering the office. No exceptions.
- All patients are required to answer a series of health questions regarding recent health problems, potential contacts as well as travel history.
- All patients, staff, and doctors will be required to wear masks 100% of the time. If you do not have a mask, a mask will be provided but it is expected that you wear a mask to the office in compliance with rules issued by the City of Los Angeles and the State of California.
- Strict hand washing protocols have been implemented and gloves will be worn when the physician deems it appropriate.
- We are limiting family members in the office and exam room. Unless there's a compelling reason, for example a young child or family member who needs help, family should stay in the car or in the waiting room.
- We are happy to text patients from their cars letting them know when we are ready for them if they prefer to wait in the car after checking into the office.
- We have always been extremely meticulous at VEYEP with our cleaning protocols because of concerns about pink eye epidemics. We are now being even more meticulous! We clean every door handle, chair, and countertop of each exam lane between patients. We will also have a few full time staff members just assigned to cleaning the common areas and exam lanes.
- We have installed special-made larger plastic shields for the equipment that is used during an eye exam so that there's a bigger and better barrier between the patient and doctor/technician during the exam at the microscope.
- We have changed our procedures for patients being moved in and out of rooms for different parts of their exam. Patients will remain in the same exam room throughout the entirety of their visit unless you require specialized testing.
- We have a significantly reduced patient schedule in order to ensure social distancing and reduce waiting room occupancy.
- Patients will not be seated next to each other in the lobby or dilating areas.
- Lastly but of most importance. Do NOT come to the office if you feel sick, have the beginning of a sore throat, cough, chills, aches or pains. We would much prefer you cancel at the last minute than come into the office in a questionable state of health.
Valley Eye Professionals
An Optometric Corporation
12229 Ventura Boulevard, Suite A,
Studio City, CA 91604